Welcome to Veterinary Emergency Service
- Providing expert care from 3 locations convenient for the Madison, Wis. area and beyond (VES West, VES East, VES Janesville).
- Trusted by more than 50 veterinary clinics in South West Wisconsin for critical care, specialty and out of hours care.
- Experienced and compassionate ER Veterinarians, with support from board certified specialists in the departments of Emergency Care, Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine, Oncology and Cardiology.
- Direct scheduled appointments with our specialists are available.
- Most importantly, we communicate daily with your primary veterinarian to ensure that our shared patients get the best care possible.
To your pet... Veterinary Emergency Service is dedicated to providing the highest quality care when your pet is ill or injured.
To you... From the first phone call, you will be treated with the utmost care, compassion, and respect. We will keep you informed of your pet's condition every step of the way. Veterinary Emergency Service understands what your pet means to you and your family.
For your veterinarian... We will provide timely medical and diagnostic results so they can maintain continuity of care.
Together... we can provide the very best health care for your loved one.
October 1, 2015
One year ago, our cat Jack fell 80 feet from our apartment balcony and fractured his spine along with most of the bones in both of his back feet. Joe and I wanted to send you all an update and some pictures as a thank you for all that you did for us and Jack.
To start- Jack is doing amazingly well. He has no lasting problems from his fall or the multiple surgeries that he underwent which we think is miraculous. He walks, runs, jumps, plays, and torments his sister Lucy exactly how he did before he fell...
Mara and JoeRead More
We are thrilled to welcome Dr. Amy Tamulevicus, DVM, DACVIM to the Internal Medicine team at VES/VSC! Dr. Tamulevicus comes to us all the way from New Jersey, and is excited to explore all that Wisconsin has to offer. She will be taking appointments at our Middleton facility, where IM appointments are now available five days a week! To learn more about Dr. Amy, click here.
VES/VSC is excited to announce that Dr. Mieke Baan, PhD, DVM, DACVIM is expanding her available clinic hours in our Internal Medicine department! She will now be taking appointments Monday – Thursday of each week at our Middleton location, and is excited to be able to spend more time with her patients.To learn more about Dr. Mieke Baan, click here!
VES/VSC is proud to welcome Dr. Cecilia Robat, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology) to our Oncology team! She is well known for her compassionate care and research. Dr. Robat is seeing patients at our Middleton facility, where appointments are now available five days a week! To learn more about Dr. Cecila, click here!
Local vets urge pet owners to remain vigilant against dog flu. Click here to watch a video with a reminder of canine influenza, featuring our ER Director, Dr. Daugherty-Leiter!