Veterinary Emergency Service and Veterinary Specialty Center function as an extension of your regular veterinarian. We will perform the necessary procedures and communicate them back to you and your vet so you both are aware of what has transpired during your visit. Communication is key in the care of your pet and we always welcome the interaction of your family veterinarian.
VES team members are trained to provide compassion as well as high quality care for your pet. All departments of our hospital interact together. Daily patient rounds ensure that multiple doctors and specialists are updated on the status of your pet to ensure the quickest recovery possible. Diagnostic tools like digital x-ray, ultrasound, and Endoscopy are available to assist us in providing your pet with advanced medical care.
Our specialty staff has extensive experience in emergency care, surgery, dermatology, oncology, internal medicine and advanced procedures. All of our specialists have undergone special training to become Board-certified Veterinary Specialists from some of the most competitive programs in the country and together provide the highest quality care for patients with complicated or specific diseases. In addition, a Specialist may have diagnostic or therapeutic equipment not generally used by your family veterinarian. Contact your veterinarian for a referral.
When should you request a referral to a Board-certified Veterinary Specialist?
- Your pet's disease is uncommon, complicated, or undiagnosed after standard testing.
- You would like an informed, neutral second opinion of your pet's condition.
- The outcomes of the current treatments are not going well or as expected.
- Your pet requires a sophisticated procedure that is offered by a specialty hospital such as endoscopy or chemotherapy
- Your pet can benefit from 24-hour monitoring provided by a referral hospital.
If you believe your animal would benefit from a visit to a Board-certified Veterinary Specialist, you are encouraged to work with your family veterinarian to complete a referral.
A specialist must be expensive!
We believe that specialists provide excellent value, by using their experience and expertise to focus their testing upon what is most likely to be the cause of illness. We coordinate with your family veterinarian to ensure that everyone works together towards one goal - making your pet better. Our experience also helps guide owners to what the most appropriate course of action is, as well as handling unusual complications that can occur following a treatment that most veterinarians don't perform regularly (such as knee surgery).
Why should I choose a Specialist at Veterinary Emergency Service and Veterinary Specialty Center?
- Teamwork: Everyone at Veterinary Emergency Services work together as a team towards one goal — providing the highest standard of medical and emotional care.
- Continuity: You will see the same specialist and support staff at every visit. This helps maintain continuity of care and provides a strong comfort level for you and your pet.
- Uniqueness: Veterinary Specialty Center is the only private practice specialty clinic with an in-house 24-hour emergency service. No matter what time of day, you can rest assured our ER doctors know exactly what's going on with your pet.
- Efficiency: A smaller hospital and Marshfield Labs, an in-house STAT lab, allow for more efficient appointments and reduce the amount of time you and your pet will need to spend in the clinic.