Dr. King is available to perform elective mobile surgeries. These surgeries will take place in the clinic of the referring veterinarian.
What can my Clients Expect?
Upon arrival to your hospital, Dr. King will complete a full exam and evaluation of the patient. Prior to the surgery or procedure, a consultation will take place with the owner either in person or by phone. Following the procedure or surgery, Dr. King will update the client on the pets condition. Suture removals will be conducted by the referring clinic/doctor. Follow up appointments will be set up for Dr.King by the referring clinic or doctor at your hospital for 6 - 8 weeks following the procedure or surgery. Dr. King is always available for follow up questions and advice.
Who Provides the Equipment?
VES/VSC will provide:
- All required surgical equipment.
- A CVT to assist your staff with patient preparation and intraoperative care.
- Written discharge instructions for postoperative management for your client.
- Communications for any postoperative concerns.
- Referring Clinic will provide:
- Surgical Suite
- Perioperative medications
- Anesthetic monitoring equipment
- Radiographs - those requiring special positioning can wait until the day of surgery.
What Types of Surgery can be Preformed?
- Orthopedics Procedures Other procedures and surgeries can be arranged with Dr. King on a case by case basis.
- Orthopedics Procedures
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)
- Extracapsular Suture Stabilization for cruciate injury
- Medial patellar luxation
- Fracture repair
- Soft Tissue Procedures
- Mass removal
- Wound reconstruction
- Urogenital surgery
- Head and neck surgery including thyroidectomy/parathyroidectomy
- Mammary gland removal
Please fax (608-831-1181) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the pet's medical record to Dr. King prior to the surgery or procedure.
How do I Book a Mobile Surgery?
All mobile surgery appointments need to be scheduled by the referring clinic or doctor. Call our specialty receptionist at 608-831-1173 to schedule and discuss an appointment. If Dr. King is available when you call for the appointment, she will discuss the surgical options for your patient. If she is not available, you will be placed into her voicemail. Leave as many details as you feel comfortable sharing in the message. Dr. King will return your call when she becomes available.