Veterinary Assistant (VA)
Veterinary Emergency Service & Veterinary Specialty Center (VES/VSC) is growing! We are seeking talented Veterinary Assistants to join our collaborative team. Currently, we have both full and part-time positions in our Emergency Room and Surgical Departments. Openings include first, second, and third shifts.
VES/VSC is an established, quality 24-Hour emergency veterinary facility with locations in Janesville, Middleton, and the east side of Madison. We provide outstanding critical patient care by providing state-of-the-art emergency care, surgery, oncology, internal medicine, and other advanced services our patients. To foster our passion for providing outstanding critical patient care, we provide ongoing training and continuing education for our team. In the event you would like to contribute to our ongoing success, your talents will focus on the following areas:
- Serving as the primary support for our veterinarians including pet restraint, procedures, nursing care and triage/discharge of patients;
- Providing outstanding customer service to our clients and care for our patients;
- Applying practical knowledge of hospital procedures, policies and services; patient treatment protocols; data transcribing; using word processing, standard procedures, records and terminology used in a veterinary hospital;
- Providing client education, promotion of hospital products and services; and
- Supporting Practice Owner, Hospital Manager and other team members by maintaining accurate medical records.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to read and convey written information in a legible and concise manner
- Oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with various audiences (customers and co-workers) clearly and effectively
- Detail-oriented including the ability to stay focused, organized, and follow procedures
- Compassion for animals including demonstrated interest in caring for, promoting the health of, and fostering the contentment of animals
- Previous on the job training and animal care experience is preferred, not required
- Previous experience in a specialty or emergency care environment is preferred.