Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Veterinary Emergency Service & Veterinary Specialty Center (VES/VSC) is growing! We are seeking Customer Service Representatives who are able to calmly prioritize care, warmly greet clients via phone and in office and have the ability to quickly assess the urgency of patient care.
VES/VSC is an established, quality 24-Hour emergency veterinary facility with locations in Janesville, Middleton, and the east side of Madison. We provide outstanding critical patient care by providing state-of-the-art emergency care, surgery, oncology, internal medicine, and other advanced services our patients. To foster our passion for providing outstanding critical patient care, we provide ongoing training and continuing education for our team.
In the event you would like to contribute to our ongoing success, your talents will focus on the following areas:
- Serving as a positive first impression when clients call or visit our clinics
- Providing outstanding customer service to our clients and care for our patients
- Assessing the patient’s urgency of care either via phone or office visit and addressing those needs in a calm, compassionate manner
- Weighing patients prior to examination
- Maintaining accurate medical and facility records
- Scheduling appointments and advising of pre-care procedures (fasting, etc)
- Conducting follow up calls to obtain patient status reports
- Maintaining our facility in a clean, orderly manner
- Providing client education, promotion of hospital products and services
To be successful in this role, you will need the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with various audiences (customers and co-workers) clearly and effectively
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to read and convey written information in a legible and concise manner
- Detail-oriented including the ability to stay focused, organized, and follow protocols
- Compassion for animals including demonstrated interest in caring for, promoting the health of, and fostering the contentment of animals
- Previous on the job training and animal care experience is required
- Previous customer service experience is required
- Previous experience in a specialty or emergency care environment is preferred
In exchange for your talents we offer you competitive pay and benefits coupled with a fun loving place to work and share your compassion for animals.