Client Care Coordinator (CCC)
Veterinary Emergency Service & Veterinary Specialty Center (VES/VSC) is growing!
VES/VSC is an established, quality 24-Hour emergency veterinary facility with locations in Janesville, Middleton, and the east side of Madison. We provide outstanding critical patient care by providing state-of-the-art emergency care, surgery, oncology, internal medicine, and other advanced services our patients. To foster our passion for providing outstanding critical patient care, we provide ongoing training and continuing education for our team.
Under the general supervision of the Customer Service Manager, the Client Care Coordinator will assist the VES/VSC Care Team (DVMs, CVTs, VAs) by coordinating medical and financial communication to pet owners by proactively managing and coordinating the owner’s account. Will act as a primary conduit for the transmission of information between providers and patients, scheduling patients, updating patient information, facilitating visit processing (check in and check out functions), and act as a liaison between clients and VES/VSC staff. The Client Care Coordinator should also proficiently perform Customer Service Representative duties.
The primary objectives of the Client Care Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily site operations. Assist in refining site policies, practices and objectives. Ensure compliance and efficient operations. Communication and education of site staff on policies, processes and essential company information.
- Represent site in leadership decisions.
- Manage site budget.
- Responsible for site CVT, CSR and VA development (monitoring performance, coaching, mentoring, 90-Day and annual performance reviews). Partnering with HR Director for escalating employee relations issues.
- Responsible for CVT, CSR and VA hiring. Identify and communicate site needs to HR for support with recruiting, screening, hiring and orientation.
- CVT, CSR and VA training. Identify and communicate training needs, or opportunities for improvement of training program/materials to Training Coordinator.
- Escalation point for all site staff (CSRs, CVTs and Assistants) regarding daily operations, issues or concerns. Partners with Strategic Manager, Finance & Facilities Manager & HR Director to escalate issues as appropriate.
- Maintains site(s) staffing schedules, identifies if/when scheduling changes are needed and maintains calendaring system for site.
- Handles daily scheduling issues (e.g. unplanned absences), oversight of when employees are sent home as well as on-call assignments and usage by site.
- Monitors overall attendance and addresses issues in cooperation with HR Assistant as needed.
- Processes time off requests in cooperation with HR.
- Manages staff appreciation for site.
- Assess overtime needs and usage, and address issues. Oversight of staff called off.
- Direct supervisor of site’s Inventory Specialist, providing oversight of site’s controlled substances, inventory monitoring, equipment maintenance, order reconciliation/distribution and facility maintenance.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of facility to ensure it is clean and in good repair.
- Other duties as determined by Customer Service Manager.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum of 1 year of technical veterinary experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an office environment
- current CVT license in WI preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers with demonstrated keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Experience with answering phones, greeting clients and customers in person and scheduling appointments
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers for entering appointment information and patient billing
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think independently and demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of staff
- Basic level of skill with Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to use other computer programs and applications
- Cash handling and accurate credit handling
Physical Demand Level
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds